ScanSnap uses lines of text (character strings) contained in the image to correct any image that has been skewed up to a range of plus or minus 5 degrees. The fact that adjustments are based upon lines of text appearing in the image means that the skews in following types of documents may not be properly corrected.
- Documents in which spaces between characters/lines are very narrow, or characters are overlapping
- Documents with many outlined or decorated characters
- Documents containing many pictures/diagrams and very little text
- Documents with patterns in the background
- Documents in which not all text faces the same direction (e.g. drawings)
- Documents containing long diagonal lines
- Documents containing handwritten text
Remove the check from [Deskew by text on document] box when scanning the above documents.
If you scan the document by using ScanSnap Carrier Sheet, this setting will be disabled.