The correction process will correct orientation by rotating any sideways or upside down documents. Since ScanSnap corrects orientation based on the lines of text appearing in the image, the following documents may not be properly corrected:
- Documents containing extremely large or small sizes of texts
- Documents in which spaces between characters/lines are very narrow, or characters are overlapping
- Documents in which many characters are overlapping with underlines or ruled lines
- Documents containing many white or decorated characters.
- Documents containing many pictures/diagrams and very little text
- Documents with uneven colors/patterns in the background
- Documents in which not all text faces the same direction (e.g. drawings)
- Documents that are written in uppercase alphabets only
- Documents containing handwritten text
- Skewed documents
- Documents with languages other than the languages that searchable PDF does not support
- Documents with complex layout.
- Documents with many noises
- Documents with faint colored texts
- Documents with cracked text
Remove the check from [Deskew by text on document] under [Option] of [Scanning] tab when scanning the above documents.