ScanSnap Cloud fails to save files to Google Photos because PDF file cannot be saved to the cloud service. Please update ScanSnap Home (iOS) to 1.1.2 or later, and then follow the steps below to change the file format from PDF to JPEG.
When ScanSnap Home (Windows/Mac) is available
Please follow the steps below to create again a cloud profile for Google Photos.
- Install ScanSnap Home to a computer (Windows/Mac) and follow the guidance on the screen to connect a ScanSnap.
- Sign in ScanSnap Cloud with your ScanSnap account.
Refer to ScanSnap Help: Saving a Scanned Image in a Cloud Service by Using ScanSnap Cloud at "6. Sign in to the ScanSnap Cloud service with a ScanSnap account".
- Return to the Main window, press the [Scan] button to show the Scan window, and click to show the [Edit Profiles] window.
- Find the cloud profile that is configured with ScanSnap Home(iOS) and delete it. (Default profile name: Scan to Cloud).
Refer to ScanSnap Help: Deleting a Profile
- Click to display the [Add new profile] window.
- Select [Scan to Cloud] located in the template list, specify Google Photos for save destination service, configure the scan settings as needed and press the [Save] button.
Note: The name of profile may change when a cloud service is specified. Rename the profile if necessary.
When ScanSnap Home (Windows/Mac) is not available.
Pleasec Contact Us and let us know your e-mail address for ScanSnap Account.