This may be due to a problem detected in ScanSnap Home for Windows 2.10.0.
Sample: Problem detected in ScanSnap Home for Windows 2.10.0.
If the image is similar to the above, please update ScanSnap Home to 2.10.1 or later.
When the PDF images are still blurred with ScanSnap Home 2.10.1 or later, please follow the steps below to restore the original PDF images.
- Display the Main Window of ScanSnap Home.
- Select the content data record you want to restore the original images in the Content Data Record List View, and click in [Save destination] under [Basic information] to open the folder where the PDF file is saved. Take a note of the name of PDF file that is selected.
- Rename the title of the content data record you want to restore the original images.
- Select [Settings] in the menu and click [Preferences].
- Go to the [Backup] tab and select the [Open Save Folder] button.
- Open the subfolder and find the backup of the PDF file to restore. The file name is as follows: <FileName noted in step 2>_yyyyMMddHHmmssSSS.pd~
- Create a copy of the backup file.
- Delete the date from the name of the copy and change the file extension to “pdf”.
- Drag and drop the PDF file to the main window of ScanSnap Home.
- Open the PDF by the ScanSnap Home viewer to confirm the PDF images are displayed correctly.
For more details on how to restore the original images, please refer to ScanSnap Help.
If backup files do not exist, please scan the document again.